Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dry cracks at Swope...




Well, it was a somewhat limited success this morning for the 'return of the Krampus': a few quirks to dial in with the new hub; and it also seems as though I will need to get a new chain after the holiday. After 3 weeks off the 29+ and riding my SS Pugsley, I had forgotten how different the two bikes are - and not just the Knards vs. Nates debate. I hope and pray to the Devil of Fat that Surly makes a 3.2- 29+ tire similar to the Nate; more traction is needed on the rocky-ass shit we call trails here in Kansas Shitty. Don't get me wrong, the rocks and roots give me a super boner, but even the Rabbit Holes/Knards combination is a little lacking on dusty limestone. Even though it took me about 30 minutes to get used to the bike again, the Krampus is still the most fun one can have on two wheels...unless Jenna Jamison is giving you a reverse knob job from your handlebars...


My supa-sassy Pugs in a tad bit more chilly weather on the Kaw River...



Your moment of Gravity's Rainbow for the week...


I do not miss winter at all...bring it on Global Warming.







No comments:

Post a Comment