Sunday, December 15, 2013

Take off, eh...



Yes, this will be the last post for a week or so, as I head west towards the mountains of Colorado, where muchos beerios will be consumed and many a Fatbike ridden at 7000 ft. on the snow-covered 'trails'...let us rejoice in the simple fact that I am getting back to the true peaks, after a lapse of 4 and 5 years, respectively, between solo trips to Big Bend and Northern Mexico, and Mt. Hood in Orygun. We make multiple trips throughout the year to mt. bike and hike in Arkansas, which is a 3-6 hr. drive from KC, and believe you me, it is a beautiful place to escape the rigors of the metro and its ostensibly flat terrain. But, it has been far too long since I placed a foot in the Rockies, and now that the Pirate has set up a hostel, it is high time I make the 12 hour drive across the barren wasteland that is everything in Kansas west of Lake Wilson; but with that said, I do plan on bagging the summit of Mt. Sunflower, which I will attempt without supplemental oxygen while wearing only a sequined thong...











No comments:

Post a Comment