Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I already hate 2014...





( a small sample of the 9 degree ride...)

As I again begin drinking, in this instance a Wee Heavy Scotch Ale, I think that I will refuse to jump into the fray and make a 'best of' list for 2013, or reminisce about the halcyon days that I will never get back...only the pain of multiple broken bones and the subsequent, early-onset arthritis is there to remind me of all the good times I have had hucking myself off of rocks and roots on a mountain bike-cycle device for the last 20 odd years. Over the last 5 days, I have ridden on ice-strewn single track in 9 degree conditions - as well as commuting to work in single digits - and it looks as though tomorrow night will see yet another ride with the Pirate et al, this time in a few inches of snow with a -15 windchill. I'm not sure that I have made myself abundantly clear enough on the subject of winter and how much I despise said season, but let me not wax hyperbolic and state that as I age the cold is getting annoying to the point of mental illness; a seasonal affective disorder that is driving me to the become the lover of Ted Nugent: and that is insanity without limits my friends...












No comments:

Post a Comment